The maca plant, known scientifically as Lepidium meyenii, is sometimes referred to as Peruvian ginseng.It mainly grows in the Andes of central Peru at very high altitudes — above 13,000 feet (4,000 meters).Maca is a cruciferous vegetable roughly similar to those of radishes and turnips, to which it is related, but it also resembles a parsnip.. It has a long history of culinary and medicinal use in Peru. Here are our benefits of Maca Powder:
- May Increase Energy and Stamina – If you are tempted to pour yourself that second cup of coffee, consider Passion Tea instead which contains Maca powder. Maca powder works by nourishing the adrenal glands, which regulate the hormones involved in energy production. It has none of the negative side effects associated with caffeine so you can say goodbye to feeling jittery and experiencing that dreaded caffeine crash.
- May Relieve Stress -Maca powder strengthens our ability to deal with stress and manage anxiety. resulting in improving our ability to think clearly and can lead to health-related problems such as a weakened immune system. Drinking a cup of passion tea rich in Maca balances stress hormones allowing us to deal with stress effectively ,
- May improve your mood – The endocrine system secretes hormones that affect mood and behavior, and sometimes those levels can become imbalanced. Our Passion Tea contains maca powder which naturally stimulates hormone levels that are too low and regulates those that are overactive. It is the perfect cure for a bad day!
- Packed with Nutrients – Our Passion tea is rich with maca powder as a result is a good source of B-complex vitamins and minerals like calcium, zinc, and iron. The high fiber content in maca supports a healthy digestive system and helps stabilize blood sugar levels. One ounce (28 grams) of maca root powder contains:
- Calories: 91
- Carbs: 20 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Fat: 1 gram
- Vitamin C: 133% of the RDI
- Copper: 85% of the RDI
- Iron: 23% of the RDI
- Potassium: 16% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 15% of the RDI
- Manganese: 10% of the RDI
- Reducing menopause symptoms – Some proponents of maca root believe it may help balance levels of the hormone estrogen. During perimenopause, the stage before a woman reaches menopause, estrogen levels fluctuate and cause a variety of symptoms. Drinking a cup of our Passion Tea may reduce hot flashes and night sweats.
- It may increase sexual desire – Reduced sexual desire is a common problem among adults. Consequently, interest in herbs and plants that naturally boost libido is great. Our Passion tea contains Maca has been heavily marketed as being effective at improving sexual desire, and this claim is backed by research (5Trusted Source).
Safety and Side Effects
Maca is generally considered safe However recommend boiling it first. Additionally, if you have thyroid problems, you may want to be careful with maca. That’s because it contains goitrogens, substances that may interfere with the normal function of the thyroid gland. These compounds are more likely to affect you if you already have impaired thyroid function. Lastly, pregnant, or breastfeeding women should consult with their doctors before taking maca